Final updated 14 May 2019 – see all updates
- 1. Main facts and numbers
- 2. By ethnicity
- 3. Methodology
- 4. Information sources
- 5. Down load the information
1. Principal facts and numbers
- In line with the 2011 Census, ladies and girls made 51% regarding the population of England and Wales, and guys and men composed 49%
- Many cultural teams had approximately the male that is same female populations
- There is a larger feminine than male populace in the Chinese, Black Caribbean as well as other White ethnic teams, where ladies and girls made 53% for the populations that are respective
- There clearly was a bigger male than feminine populace into the Arab group that is ethnic where males and men constructed 58% for the populace, and among individuals who recognized as some other ethnicity (54% males and men)
The Census is planned and performed by the working office for National Statistics (ONS) any ten years in England and Wales. The Census that is last was in March 2011.
The Census could be the only study to give an in depth image of the entire populace of England and Wales. It makes it feasible to compare various areas of the nation as all households are asked exactly the same concerns in the time period that is same.
For the 2011 Census, around 25 million pre-addressed questionnaires were published off to all households using a specially developed nationwide target register. Households could get back their questionnaire by post or complete it on the web. Census employees delivered questionnaires by hand to people surviving in domestic care domiciles, hospitals, hostels, boarding schools, college halls of residence, mobile house areas, army bases as well as other public establishments.
94% of households finished the 2011 Census. Of the, 97% responded the relevant concern about ethnicity.
This information stops working the people of England and Wales by ethnicity and intercourse. The split between women/girls and men/boys is shown for every cultural team.
The Census is held in England and Wales every ten years to gather information on everyone residing in the nation on a particular date.
The census supplies the source that is only of comparable data for both tiny areas and minority populace teams across England and Wales.
The knowledge the Census provides enables central and municipality, wellness authorities and lots of other organisations to prepare housing, education, health insurance and transportation solutions for many years in the future.
The Census runs on the standard pair of cultural teams to gather and classify ethnicity information.
The 2011 Census utilized 18 standardised categories that are ethnic
Asian / Asian British:
- Any other Asian background
Ebony / African / Caribbean / Ebony British:
- Every other Ebony / african Caribbean that is/ history
Mixed / Multiple ethnic teams:
- Mixed White and Ebony Caribbean
- Mixed White and Black African
- Mixed White and Asian
- Every other Mixed / Multiple cultural background, please describe
- English / Welsh / Scottish / Northern Irish / British
- Gypsy or Irish Traveller
- Some other White background, please describe
Other cultural team:
- Some other cultural team
2. By ethnicity
|per cent||per cent|
|black colored African||48||52|
|Mixed White/Black African||50||50|
|blended White/Black Caribbean||50||50|
|just about any||54||46|